Do you suffer from hair loss? And do you also have this question in your mind how to stop hair fall immediately at home? Ok, let’s see…
Since hair is a crucial component of your look, continuous hair loss can have an impact on hairstyle choices.
Furthermore, for some of you, it can lead to uncomfortable and embarrassing situations when your hair falls out in the workplace, living room, and worst-case scenario, even in the kitchen and lunchbox. These unwelcome situations sometimes result in teasing and comments from colleagues and family members.
You have tried numerous solutions, including shampoos and oils. What you get are mostly temporary results, and sometimes other side effects like the loss of shiny, thin hair.
Don’t worry, after following these steps here, you can stop it immediately.
Hair loss affects both men and women, making it a prevalent issue for both genders.
The causes of hair loss include:
1. Genetic or Family History
A genetic tendency is one of the most common reasons for hair loss. You are more prone to develop hair loss if it runs in your family. Androgenetic alopecia is a kind of genetic hair loss that may impact both men and women. It is characterized by a gradual thinning of the hair over time, primarily at the crown and temples.Chumlea WC, Rhodes T, Girman CJ, Johnson-Levonas A, Lilly FR, Wu R, Guo SS. Family history and risk of hair loss. Dermatology. 2004;209(1):33-9. doi: 10.1159/000078584. PMID: 15237265.
2. Hormonal Imbalance
Hormonal imbalances can cause hair loss by affecting the hair growth cycle. Conditions such as
- Some hormonal change diseases that affect hair follicles like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and thyroid.
- Imbalances in hormones like androgens and estrogens can result in hair thinning and shedding.Riedel-Baima B, Riedel A. Female pattern hair loss may be triggered by low oestrogen to androgen ratio. Endocr Regul. 2008 Mar;42(1):13-6. PMID: 18333699.
As we know a well-balanced diet is essential for maintaining healthy hair. Insufficient intake of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and proteins can all trigger hair loss. Iron, zinc, vitamin D, and biotin deficits, in particular, can damage hair follicles and cause excessive shedding.Guo, E. L., & Katta, R. (2017). Diet and hair loss: Effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use. Dermatology Practical & Conceptual, 7(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5826/dpc.0701a01
4. Sun Damage
Excessive sun exposure can cause hair damage like dryness, brittleness, and hair loss. UV rays can damage the proteins in the hair, making it more brittle and prone to breaking. However, protecting your hair from the sun with hats or UV-protective sprays can help prevent damage.Sebetić, Klaudija et al. “UV damage of the hair.” Collegium antropologicum vol. 32 Suppl 2 (2008): 163-5.
5. Exposure to Pollutants
Toxins and air pollution can harm the hair and scalp. These pollutants can block hair follicles, hinder hair development, and lead to hair loss. Regularly washing your hair and using clarifying products can help remove these impurities and maintain a healthy scalp environment.Naudin G, Bastien P, Mezzache S, et al. Human pollution exposure correlates with accelerated ultrastructural degradation of hair fibers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019;116(37):18410-18415. … Continue reading
6. Unhealthy Habits
Unhealthy habits, such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption impacts your overall health including hair loss. Nicotine exposure lowers the blood supply to the hair follicles, depriving them of vital nutrients. Similarly, excessive alcohol use can result in nutritional deficits and hormonal imbalances, which can cause hair loss.Dai, Ying-Xiu et al. “Cigarette Smoking, Alcohol Consumption, and Risk of Alopecia Areata: A Population-Based Cohort Study in Taiwan.” American journal of clinical dermatology vol. 21,6 … Continue reading
7. Psychological Stress
Stress may have a significant influence on our physical health, including our hair. Chronic stress can disrupt the hair growth cycle, leading to excessive shedding or even temporary hair loss conditions like telogen effluvium.J. Peters, E. M., Müller, Y., Snaga, W., Fliege, H., Reißhauer, A., Schmidt-Rose, T., Max, H., Schweiger, D., Rose, M., & Kruse, J. (2017). Hair and stress: A pilot study of hair and cytokine … Continue reading Managing stress through relaxation techniques, exercise, and seeking support can help minimize its impact on your hair.
8. Medical Conditions or Medications
Certain medical conditions and medications can also cause hair loss as a side effectMercke, Y., Sheng, H., Khan, T. and Lippmann, S., 2000. Hair loss in psychopharmacology. Annals of clinical psychiatry, 12, pp.35-42.. Conditions like alopecia areata, scalp infections, and autoimmune diseases can lead to localized or widespread hair loss. Additionally, medications used for cancer treatmentTrüeb RM. Chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2009 Mar;28(1):11-4. doi: 10.1016/j.sder.2008.12.001. PMID: 19341937., high blood pressure, and hormonal therapies can also result in hair thinning or complete baldness.
9. Tight Hairstyles
Hairstyles that pull the hair tightly, such as ponytails, buns, braids, or extensions, can cause traction alopecia. This condition occurs when excessive tension is applied to the hair follicles, leading to their gradual weakening and eventual hair loss.Billero, V. and Miteva, M., 2018. Traction alopecia: the root of the problem. Clinical, cosmetic and investigational dermatology, pp.149-159. Opting for looser hairstyles and avoiding constant tension can help prevent this type of hair loss.
Hair loss and the regrowth of new hair are natural processes. But if hair loss is significant or new hair growth is slower than the rate of hair loss, the issue might need treatment.
While people with bald spots or progressive baldness often seek medical help for hair loss, others prefer to manage it with home remedies.
Can hair loss in women be stopped at home immediately? What is the most effective treatment for hair loss in women? How can hair loss in women be prevented? These are some of the most common questions women have because the idea of excessive hair loss leading to baldness literally scares them. Here are some tips for women on how to stop hair loss at home immediately (or quickly).
Home Remedies for Hair Fall
1. Egg Hair Mask To Control Hair Fall
Eggs are not only a nutritious food but also a fantastic ingredient for promoting hair health. Let us look at the benefits of using an egg hair mask to control hair fall.Jung, J., & Kwon, K. H. (2023). Rethinking of positive effects of eggs on hair in East Asia. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 22(3), 737-743. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.15469 And let me show you a simple and easy method to make it at home.
Benefits of Egg for Hair Health
Eggs are abundant in protein, vitamins, and minerals, which are all essential for healthy hair. The protein content in eggs helps in repairing and strengthening damaged hair, preventing breakage and hair fall. Eggs also contain biotin, which promotes hair growth and improves overall hair health. Eggs also contain vitamins and minerals that feed the scalp and stimulate hair follicles, resulting in thicker and more resilient hair.
Ingredients for Egg Hair Mask
To prepare a homemade egg hair mask, you will need the following ingredients:
- Eggs – 2
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
These ingredients work together to provide essential nutrients, moisturize the hair, and balance the scalp’s pH level.
Recipe for Homemade Egg Hair Mask
Follow these simple steps to create your egg hair mask:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together two eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Next add olive oil, honey, and lemon juice to the beaten eggs.
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly until they are smooth and uniform.
- Your homemade egg hair mask is now ready for use.
How to Apply the Egg Hair Mask
Here’s how you can apply the egg hair mask to control hair fall:
- Start with dry or damp hair.
- Divide your hair into sections to ensure even application.
- Take a generous amount of the egg hair mask mixture and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Gently massage the mask into your scalp using circular motions to stimulate blood circulation.
- After applying the mask to your scalp, rub it along the length of your hair, focusing on the ends.
- Allow the mask to sit on your hair and scalp for around 30 minutes to allow the nutrients to reach your hair.
- After 30 minutes rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Note: Shampoo and condition your hair as normal to eliminate any residue and to keep it looking fresh.
2. Coconut Spa
Coconut spa can also be a natural and effective remedy to control hair fall, this treatment can work wonders for your hair. Coconut is a versatile and healthy substance that has been used to maintain hair health for ages.
Benefits of Coconut for Hair Health
Coconut is renowned for its exceptional nourishing properties. It includes vital fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are beneficial to hair health.
Coconut oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft, moisturizing and strengthening it from within. It also helps in reducing protein loss from the hair, preventing breakage and hair fall. Additionally, coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that can combat scalp issues like dandruff, ensuring a healthier environment for hair growth.
Coconut Spa Treatment: An Overview
A coconut spa treatment involves using coconut oil or coconut-based hair products to nourish and revitalize the hair and scalp. This treatment helps in moisturizing the hair, reducing hair fall, improving hair texture, and promoting overall hair health. By combining the goodness of coconut with relaxing massage techniques, you can create a spa-like experience at home while taking care of your hair.
Ingredients for Coconut Spa Treatment
To enjoy a coconut spa treatment, gather the following ingredients:
- Virgin coconut oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Essential oils (optional) – a few drops (lavender, rosemary, or tea tree oil)
These ingredients will enhance the benefits of the coconut spa treatment and add a pleasant aroma.
Step-by-Step Guide to Coconut Spa Treatment
For a refreshing coconut spa treatment, follow these steps:
- Warm the coconut oil in a heat-resistant dish for a few minutes by putting it in warm water.
- Then, mix a few drops of essential oil into the warm coconut oil.
- Part your hair into sections and apply the warm coconut oil mixture to your scalp and hair, massaging gently with your fingertips.
- Continue massaging for 10 to 15 minutes, focusing on the roots and areas prone to hair fall.
- Once you have covered your entire scalp and hair, wrap your hair in a warm towel or shower cap.
- Leave the coconut oil treatment on for at least 30 minutes to allow the nutrients to penetrate the hair and scalp.
- After the designated time, rinse your hair thoroughly with a gentle shampoo and lukewarm water.
Note: Condition your hair as usual, or use a little amount of coconut oil on the ends of your hair as a leave-in conditioner for added nourishment.
3. Amla & Lime Juice Hair Pack to Stop Hair Loss
Look no further than an amla and lime juice hair pack. Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry, and lime juice are renowned for their hair-nourishing properties.
Benefits of Amla and Lime Juice for Hair Health
Amla and lime juice are packed with essential nutrients that benefit hair health.
Amla contains a lot of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals. These nutrients nourish the hair follicles, strengthen the hair roots and promote hair growth.
Lemon juice is well known for its acidic properties, which help balance the pH of the scalp, reduce dandruff, and stimulate hair follicles. These effects can help prevent hair loss.
Ingredients for Amla and Lime Juice Hair Pack
To prepare a homemade amla and lime juice hair pack, gather the following ingredients:
- Amla powder – 2 tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lime juice – 2 tablespoons
These ingredients work synergistically to provide essential nutrients and promote a healthy scalp environment.
Recipe for Homemade Amla and Lime Juice Hair Pack
Follow these simple steps to create your own amla and lime juice hair pack:
- In a bowl, combine the amla powder and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Combine all the ingredients until they blend into a velvety paste.
- If necessary, modify the consistency by incorporating additional lime juice or water.
- Your homemade amla and lime juice hair pack is now ready to use.
How to Apply the Hair Pack
Here’s how you can apply the amla and lime juice hair pack to stop hair loss:
- Start with dry or slightly damp hair.
- Part your hair into sections to ensure an even application.
- Take a small amount of the hair pack mixture and apply it to your scalp and hair, focusing on the roots.
- Gently massage the pack into your scalp using circular motions to stimulate blood circulation and promote absorption.
- Once you have applied the pack to your entire scalp and hair, leave it on for about 30 minutes so that the nutrients are absorbed by the hair follicles.
- Subsequently, cleanse your hair meticulously with lukewarm water.
4. Methi Hair Mask for Hair Growth
Benefits of Methi for Hair Health
Methi is a powerhouse of nutrients that benefit hair health.
It is packed with protein, vitamins (such as vitamin C, niacin, and folic acid), minerals (like iron, calcium, and magnesium), and antioxidants.
These nutrients help in
- 1. Strengthen hair follicles
- 2. Promote blood circulation in the scalp, and
- 3. Nourish the hair, leading to healthier and stronger hair growth.
Methi Hair Mask: An Overview
A methi hair mask is a natural treatment that harnesses the benefits of methi seeds to promote hair growth and control hair fall. Methi seeds can be ground into a fine powder or soaked overnight to create a paste-like consistency that can be applied to the scalp and hair. This hair mask helps condition the hair, strengthens the roots, and reduces hair fall.
Ingredients for Methi Hair Mask
To prepare a methi hair mask, gather the following ingredients:
- Methi seeds (fenugreek seeds) – 2 tablespoons
- Water – enough to soak the seeds or create a paste-like consistency
These ingredients are widely available and can be bought in most shops or online.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Use Methi for Hair Fall Control
Follow these steps to create and use a methi hair mask:
Option 1: Soaking method
- Soak the methi seeds in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Once soaked, blend the seeds with some water to create a smooth paste.
- If the paste becomes too thick, add a bit more water to thin it down.
Option 2: Powder method
- Grind the methi seeds into a fine powder using a grinder or blender.
- Combine the powder with water to get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the methi hair mask to your scalp and hair, focusing on the roots and areas prone to hair fall.
- Gently massage the mask into your scalp using circular motions to stimulate blood circulation.
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the nutrients to penetrate the hair follicles.
- Now, thoroughly wash your hair with lukewarm water.
5. Green Tea Hair Cleanser to Control Hair Fall
Benefits of Green Tea for Hair Health
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial compounds that contribute to hair health. Green tea includes catechins, which aid in controlling hair loss by inhibiting the effects of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a hormone linked to hair loss. Its anti-inflammatory effects also help to calm the scalp, enhance blood circulation, and stimulate hair follicles, resulting in healthier and thicker hair.
Green Tea Hair Cleanser: An Overview
A green tea hair cleanser involves using brewed green tea as a natural shampoo substitute to cleanse the hair and scalp. This method helps remove impurities, excess oil, and product buildup without stripping the hair of its natural oils. By incorporating green tea into your hair care routine, you can effectively control hair fall and promote a healthy scalp.
Ingredients for Green Tea Hair Cleanser
To create a green tea hair cleanser, you will need the following ingredients:
- Green tea bags – 2 to 3 bags
- Water – 2 cups
These items are commonly available and may be obtained at your local grocery shop.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Use Green Tea for Hair Fall Reduction
Follow these steps to use green tea as a hair cleanser to control hair fall:
- Boil the water in a pot and add green tea bags.
- Let the tea steep for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the brewed green tea to cool down to room temperature.
- Remove the tea bags from the water once the green tea has cooled.
- Wet your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Pour the brewed green tea onto your hair, ensuring it reaches the scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp using your fingertips for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation.
- Leave the green tea solution on your hair for about 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse your hair with lukewarm water or with a mild shampoo.
- Condition your hair as usual, if desired.
NOTE: And for better results, repeat this practice once or twice a week.
6. Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair Health
Aloe vera is packed with beneficial nutrients that promote hair health. It contains vitamins (A, C, and E), minerals (iron and zinc), enzymes, and amino acids. These components nourish the hair follicles, soothe the scalp, reduce inflammation, and improve overall hair health, which helps control hair fall.
Aloe Vera Hair Mask: An Overview
An aloe vera hair mask involves using aloe vera gel as a natural treatment to nourish and revitalize the hair, reducing hair fall. This mask helps condition the hair, soothe the scalp, promote hair growth, and maintain a healthy balance. By incorporating aloe vera into your hair care routine, you can effectively control hair fall and improve the overall quality of your hair.
Ingredients for Aloe Vera Hair Mask
To create an aloe vera hair mask, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh aloe vera gel – 2 tablespoons
- Optional: Essential oils (such as lavender or rosemary) – a few drops
Ensure the aloe vera gel is obtained from a fresh aloe vera leaf or use a reliable store-bought gel without any added chemicals or additives.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Use Aloe Vera to Control Hair Fall
Follow these steps to use an aloe vera hair mask to control hair fall:
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel by splitting it open.
- Collect the gel in a bowl and blend it to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Optional: Mix a few drops of essential oil with the aloe vera gel.
- Start with clean, damp hair.
- Part your hair into sections to ensure even application.
- Take a small amount of the aloe vera gel mixture and apply it to your scalp and hair, massaging gently with your fingertips.
- Continue massaging for a few minutes to improve blood circulation and allow the gel to penetrate the scalp.
- Once you have covered your entire scalp and hair, leave the mask on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Finally, wash your hair properly.
7. Onion Juice
Benefits of Onion Juice for Hair Health
Onion juice is rich in
- Vitamins (such as C and B-complex),
- Minerals (including iron and zinc), and
These nutrients work well together to
- Promote hair growth,
- Improve blood circulation in the scalp,
- And provide nourishment to the hair follicles.
The sulfur content in onion juice also helps reduce hair breakage and thinning, leading to healthier and thicker hair.
Onion Juice for Hair Regrowth: An Overview
Using onion juice for hair regrowth involves applying fresh onion juice to the scalp and hair to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. So, regular use of onion juice can help control hair fall, strengthen the hair, and improve the overall health of your locks.
Way To Extracting Onion Juice
To prepare onion juice for hair care, follow these simple steps:
- Peel and chop one or two medium-sized onions.
- Now blend the chopped onions in a blender.
- Then extract the onion juice by straining the blended mixture using a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Finally, collect the onion juice in a bowl.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Use Onion Juice for Hair Fall Control
Follow these steps to use onion juice for hair fall control and promote hair regrowth:
- Next part your hair into sections to ensure even application.
- First of all start with clean, damp hair.
- Then take a cotton ball or use your fingertips to apply the freshly extracted onion juice directly to your scalp.
- Now gently massage the juice into your scalp using circular motions for about 5 minutes to improve blood circulation.
- Continue applying the juice to your entire scalp and hair, ensuring all areas are covered.
- Leave the onion juice on your hair for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Finally, rinse your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo to remove the onion smell.
Condition your hair as usual to enhance the freshness of your locks.
8. Nourishing Diet
Importance of nutrition for hair health
As we are all aware that proper nutrition is important to maintain healthy hair. Especially nutrients like vitamins, minerals, proteins, and healthy fats play an important role in:
- Promoting hair growth,
- Preventing hair loss, and
- Improving the overall quality of hair.
So, a balanced and nutritious diet ensures that your hair gets the nutrients it needs to thrive.
Essential nutrients for hair growth
Several key nutrients are essential for healthy hair growth which can help you control hair loss:
1. Protein: Hair is primarily made up of a protein known as keratin. So, consuming adequate amounts of protein is important for hair health.
2. Biotin: It is also known as Vitamin B7. They help in hair growth and prevent hair breakage.
3. Iron: Iron carries oxygen to the hair follicles, which promotes healthy hair growth. Iron deficiency can cause hair loss.
4. Vitamin C: This vitamin aids in the absorption of iron and provides antioxidant properties that protect hair follicles.
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These healthy fats nourish the scalp and support overall hair health.
6. Vitamin E: Known for its antioxidant properties, Vitamin E promotes blood circulation and helps maintain a healthy scalp.
7. Zinc: Zinc plays an important role in hair tissue growth and repair, preventing hair loss.
Include a nutritious diet to control hair fall
So, to control hair loss and support hair growth, it is essential to include a nutritious diet that includes a variety of nutrient-rich foods. Focus on eating a balanced mix of
- lean proteins,
- whole grains,
- healthy fats, and
Also, drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated which will be helpful to stop hair fall.
Food sources rich in hair-friendly nutrients
Let’s see some examples of nutrient-rich foods that can promote healthy hair growth and control hair fall:
1. Protein sources Like:
- Lean meat,
- Nuts, and
2. Biotin sources Like:
- Whole grains, and
3. Iron sources like:
- Lean red meat, and
4. Sources of Vitamin C:
- Citrus fruits,
- Bell peppers,
- Tomatoes, and
- Green leafy vegetables.
5. Sources of omega-3 fatty acids such as:
- Some fish like Salmon, Mackerel, and Sardines.
- Chia seeds, and
- Flax seeds.
6. Sources of Vitamin E:
- Sunflower seeds,
- Broccoli, and
- Vegetable oils.
7. Sources of Zinc:
- Lean meat,
- Seeds, and
- Whole grains.
Moreover, remember to get specific dietary advice from a doctor or verified dietitian.
9. Practice Yoga
Yoga, an ancient practice that unites the mind, body, and soul, offers a holistic approach to combat hair fall.
Stress is a common trigger for hair fall, leading to weakened hair roots and increased shedding. Practicing yoga can address stress-related hair fall and contribute to healthier hair growth.
The Connection Between Yoga and Hair Fall
Yoga is a comprehensive discipline that focuses on mindfulness, relaxation, and balance, rather than just physical activity. Yoga can help you reduce stress and worry, both of which can have a bad impact on your hair’s health.
Additionally, certain yoga poses and breathing techniques improve blood circulation to the scalp, promoting hair growth.
Benefits of Yoga for Hair Fall Control
1. Stress Reduction: Yoga involves relaxation techniques that calm the mind and reduce stress levels, minimizing stress-related hair fall.
2. Blood Circulation: Certain yoga poses improve blood flow to the scalp, ensuring essential nutrients reach hair follicles, and promoting hair growth.
3. Hair Root Strengthening: Yoga postures that engage the core and upper body help to strengthen the muscles supporting hair roots, reducing hair breakage.
4. Hormonal Balance: Yoga helps balance hormonal levels, which can prevent hormonal-related hair fall.
Yoga Poses to Strengthen Hair Roots
Incorporate these yoga poses into your routine to strengthen hair roots and reduce hair fall:
1. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend):
- This one increases blood flow to the scalp
- And promotes relaxation.
2. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog):
- Improves blood circulation to the head,
- Nourishing the scalp and hair follicles.
3. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose):
- It aids digestion
- And enhances blood flow to the scalp.
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand):
- Increases blood flow to the head, benefiting hair growth and scalp health.
5. Balayam Yoga (Rubbing Nails):
- This simple yoga technique involves rubbing the fingernails together,
- Believed to stimulate hair growth.
Breathing Exercises for Stress Reduction
Pranayama, or deep breathing exercises, can help manage stress and reduce hair fall. Practice these breathing techniques regularly:
1. Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril Breathing): Nadi Shodhana helps calm the mind and balance the nervous system.
2. Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath): Bhramari Pranayama induces a sense of relaxation and tranquility.
Yoga for Improved Blood Circulation to the Scalp
Inversions and forward bends improve blood circulation to the scalp, delivering essential nutrients to the hair follicles. These poses also remove toxins and enhance oxygen supply, fostering a healthy environment for hair growth.
Incorporating Yoga into Your Daily Routine
To experience the benefits of yoga for hair fall control, consider the following tips:
1. Consistency: Practice yoga regularly to achieve lasting results.
2. Start Slowly: If you are new to yoga, begin with beginner-level poses and gradually progress.
3. Mindful Breathing: Incorporate deep breathing exercises into your daily routine to manage stress effectively.
By following the suggested home remedies, maintaining a nourishing diet, and practicing yoga, you can say goodbye to hair fall and embrace healthier, more resilient hair. Remember that home remedies take some time to give results. That’s why here you need to be patient and constant in your efforts to get the desired results. Caring for your hair will benefit you with its natural appearance.
|↑1||Chumlea WC, Rhodes T, Girman CJ, Johnson-Levonas A, Lilly FR, Wu R, Guo SS. Family history and risk of hair loss. Dermatology. 2004;209(1):33-9. doi: 10.1159/000078584. PMID: 15237265.|
|↑2||Riedel-Baima B, Riedel A. Female pattern hair loss may be triggered by low oestrogen to androgen ratio. Endocr Regul. 2008 Mar;42(1):13-6. PMID: 18333699.|
|↑3||Guo, E. L., & Katta, R. (2017). Diet and hair loss: Effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use. Dermatology Practical & Conceptual, 7(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5826/dpc.0701a01|
|↑4||Sebetić, Klaudija et al. “UV damage of the hair.” Collegium antropologicum vol. 32 Suppl 2 (2008): 163-5.|
|↑5||Naudin G, Bastien P, Mezzache S, et al. Human pollution exposure correlates with accelerated ultrastructural degradation of hair fibers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019;116(37):18410-18415. doi:10.1073/pnas.1904082116|
|↑6||Dai, Ying-Xiu et al. “Cigarette Smoking, Alcohol Consumption, and Risk of Alopecia Areata: A Population-Based Cohort Study in Taiwan.” American journal of clinical dermatology vol. 21,6 (2020): 901-911. doi:10.1007/s40257-020-00547-7|
|↑7||J. Peters, E. M., Müller, Y., Snaga, W., Fliege, H., Reißhauer, A., Schmidt-Rose, T., Max, H., Schweiger, D., Rose, M., & Kruse, J. (2017). Hair and stress: A pilot study of hair and cytokine balance alteration in healthy young women under major exam stress. PLoS ONE, 12(4). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0175904|
|↑8||Mercke, Y., Sheng, H., Khan, T. and Lippmann, S., 2000. Hair loss in psychopharmacology. Annals of clinical psychiatry, 12, pp.35-42.|
|↑9||Trüeb RM. Chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2009 Mar;28(1):11-4. doi: 10.1016/j.sder.2008.12.001. PMID: 19341937.|
|↑10||Billero, V. and Miteva, M., 2018. Traction alopecia: the root of the problem. Clinical, cosmetic and investigational dermatology, pp.149-159.|
|↑11||Jung, J., & Kwon, K. H. (2023). Rethinking of positive effects of eggs on hair in East Asia. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 22(3), 737-743. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.15469|