Best Homemade Face Cream With Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil (2023)
Actually, there is a little lengthy process to caring for our skin. But it is necessary to do so for a beautiful appearance. Just as we must regularly cleanse, tone, moisturize, and exfoliate. Today we will make a homemade face cream with aloe vera and coconut oil.
Important factors about Skincare
- Cleansing is vital to remove impurities from the skin that accumulate during the day. Otherwise, clogged pores can lead to skin disorders as your pores allow proper ventilation of the skin.
- Toning helps to tighten the skin pores so that less sticky material may gather. It also maintains your skin’s pH balance. Healthy skin should have a mildly acidic pH to avoid microbial development and skin diseases.
- Hydration is vital to maintain and support the structural integrity of the skin. Your skin is kept supple and soft by this kind of topical grease. Because of this, we must moisturize the skin’s surface. Additionally, drink a lot of water every day to stay hydrated. When pulled too far or under stress, dry skin is more likely to rip. This damage to skin fibers causes a loss of elasticity, which leads to loose skin. As we know, wrinkles and fine lines are more likely to appear on flexible skin.
Additionally, as people get older, their bodies produce less collagen. The primary support protein needed to create new skin cells is collagen, and a lack of collagen makes it challenging for the skin to heal itself.
In conclusion, having dry skin should not be ignored since it puts you at risk for notable, long-term skin damage.
Also Read: The Best natural skin care routine.
Importance of a Moisturizer
Regular use of a topical moisturizer (like this homemade face cream with aloe vera and coconut oil) will improve the appearance. And you would feel your skin while enhancing the efficacy of its barrier shields. Besides, acne is typically associated with oily skin, although it may also afflict dry skin.
Clogged pores become a breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria. That they feed on sebum and skin debris, multiplying rapidly and ultimately causing acne.
Moisturizers are typically available in various forms (creams, lotions, and ointments). And in various textures (light water-based or thick oil-based). So, choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type and needs. Yet, we can also prepare some of the best homemade face cream with aloe vera and coconut oil.
We need some ingredients such as,
- Aloe Vera – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Beeswax – 1/2 cup
- Vitamin E oil – 1 tablespoon
- Essential oils (optional) – 2 to 4 drops
STEPS: how to make moisturizer with aloe vera and coconut
- Place an equal amount of coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Until there are no lumps in the mixture, whisk it continuously.
- When it has completely melted, turn off the heat.
- Allow cooling for a few hours.
- Add half a cup of fresh aloe vera gel to the mixture gently and thoroughly combine them.
- Then, add one tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- And add 2-4 drops of essential oil (anyone, lavender, peppermint, whatever you like)
- After mixing all ingredients, transfer the mixture to a clean jar to store.
- When you keep it in the refrigerator, you may use it for longer.
Also Read: Homemade anti-aging recipes.
1. Benefits Of Aloe Vera
Aloe has several skin-friendly properties. It has plenty of antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, & E. They prevent and treat free radical-induced skin damage. It also contains enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids, and amino acids.Surjushe, A., Vasani, R., & Saple, D. G. (2008). ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW. Indian Journal of Dermatology, 53(4), 163-166. https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5154.44785
- Deeply nourishing and protecting the skin at the cellular level. Also, vitamin E supports healthy skin regeneration. And it aids in the production of new skin cells to cure scars. Further, vitamin C has been proven to have a brightening impact on the skin.
- Enzymes help to reduce excessive inflammation and the breakdown of sugars and fats in the skin.
- Aloe vera gel acts as a moisturizer – it draws moisture from the climate and locks it into the skin to provide lasting hydration.
- Anti-inflammatory action: It has anti-inflammatory effects that help treat common skin problems. Like eczema and acne by reducing the redness, discomfort, swelling, and itching they cause.
- Healing property: Aloe vera also has a cooling action that calms painful and burned skin and speeds up recovery.
2. Benefits of Coconut oil
Most people use coconut oil as a hair oil. But it also works well to hydrate the skin.
Firstly, coconut oil absorbs quickly into the skin and deeply moisturizes it. And does not clog the pores of the skin. However, some other oils stay on the skin’s surface and become greasy. These oils can stash on the face and clog the pores, resulting in acne and other skin problems.
- There are no adverse side effects when applied to the skin.
- It is a secure method of preventing skin flaking and dryness.
- This one even stops wrinkles and skin sagging from appearing.
- Also, it aids in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other skin infections.
- Additionally, due to its well-known antioxidant capabilities, it aids in combating early aging and degenerative diseases.
As a result, coconut oil leaves the skin smooth, supple, and youthful. Plus, it nourishes, hydrates, and repairs the cells. In fact, it becomes more valuable for the skin after mixing with aloe vera.
Bees excrete a thick substance known as beeswax. Beeswax has been used for various goods and methods. Like is used for packing, processing, and preservation. But, it is 25-30 % used for cosmetics like Creams, lotions, lipstick, mascara, eye shadows, deodorants, hair creams, depilatories, and hair conditioners. It benefits the skin when applied topically by hydrating, protecting, reviving, and curing it. And without this ingredient, we can’t make DIY aloe vera moisturizer.
Nonetheless, it does not clog pores or create problems. But it does provide several highly beneficial properties to cosmetic products. Such as general healing and softening, antibacterial properties, and emollient properties. Because of its unique qualities, beeswax is a vital element for cosmetics like:
- It increases the water binding of ointments and creams and produces stable emulsions.
- Increasing the protective impact of sunscreen by providing the skin with a thin protective layer.
- Improving skin’s elasticity and flexibility to allow thinner flicks. And also increase skin and lip longevity
- Enhances the soap’s ability to protect the skin and increase its suppleness
- Also, it improves sun lotions’ protective properties while avoiding allergic reactions.
- Has thermo-storing and antibacterial properties
- Avoid triggering an allergic response.
- Often, 1 to 3% beeswax is enough to get the desired result.
- It enhances the look and texture of creams and lotions. But it is also a favored part for lipsticks since it helps to stabilize the color and add gloss.Bogdanov, S., 2009. Beeswax: uses and trade. The Beeswax Book, pp.1-16.
4. Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E has been used for over 50 years in testing and clinical dermatology. It hydrates and nourishes the skin, making it supple and velvety. And also they promote skin regrowth. This entails removing unhealthy skin from the top and replacing it with fresh, healthy skin that grows from the inside.
Skin regeneration is a slow, ongoing process that takes roughly a month to complete. Yet, consistent use of vitamin E oil helps quicken the process a little. Plus, it is a form of exfoliation that reduces the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, and blemishes. This has also been proven to have antioxidant and hydrating effects on the skin. Further, it offers UVB radiation protection.de Oliveira Pinto, C.A.S., Martins, T.E.A., Martinez, R.M., Freire, T.B., Velasco, M.V.R. and Baby, A.R., 2021. Vitamin E in Human Skin: Functionality and Topical Products. In Vitamin E in … Continue reading
5. Essential oils
They are a terrific addition to your skin care routine because they hugely contain the healing powers of medicinal herbs. That has been made from the extraction of medicinal herbs. There are many different essential oils available. But you should pick the one that works best for your skin type and treats your skin issues.
Additionally, natural essential oils have antimicrobial qualities. Others are antifungal.
How to use this DIY aloe vera moisturizer
- Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face.
- Apply a tiny amount of this face cream to the skin. And gently massage in an upward and circular motion. Do it for 1-2 minutes or until the cream is fully absorbed.
- Twice daily, moisturize your skin with this one.
Additional uses of this homemade face cream with aloe vera and coconut oil are:
- As a moisturizing cream
- As a lip balm
- Or as a Lotion for shaving facial hair.
Our skin provides a barrier between our body and the grime and grit of the outer world. It naturally sustains damages from environmental pollution, poisons, and physical trauma. Without the correct skin care, this daily activity can cause our skin to become dry, dull, saggy, and wrinkled, making us seem older than we really are.
Taking care of your skin before it begins to sag is ideal since it’s simple to stop skin damage from redoing itself. People should follow a strict skin care regimen starting in their early teens to seem younger and healthier for longer.
Also READ: Choose The Best Products For Skin Care
|↑1||Surjushe, A., Vasani, R., & Saple, D. G. (2008). ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW. Indian Journal of Dermatology, 53(4), 163-166. https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5154.44785|
|↑2||Vala, G.S. and Kapadiya, P.K., 2014. Medicinal benefits of coconut oil. Int J Life Sci Res, 2(4), pp.124-126.|
|↑3||Bogdanov, S., 2009. Beeswax: uses and trade. The Beeswax Book, pp.1-16.|
|↑4||de Oliveira Pinto, C.A.S., Martins, T.E.A., Martinez, R.M., Freire, T.B., Velasco, M.V.R. and Baby, A.R., 2021. Vitamin E in Human Skin: Functionality and Topical Products. In Vitamin E in Health and Disease-Interactions, Diseases and Health Aspects. IntechOpen.|